Extensive clinical information is available for Acticoat™ dressings with SILCRYST™ nanocrystals. The research covers laboratory studies and clinical trials in patients. The following publication list includes peer-reviewed articles and journal supplements.
- Dunn K, Edwards-Jones V. The role of Acticoat™ with nanocrystalline silver in the management of burns. Burns. 2004; 30(suppl 1):S1-S9.
- Lansdown A. Concepts in clinical wound healing:the role of silver. J Eur Tissue Repair Soc. 2002;9(4):108-111.
- Thomas S, McCubbin P. A comparison of the antimicrobial effects of four silver-containing dressings on three organisms. J Wound Care. 2003;12(3):1-8.
- Thomas S, McCubbin P. An in vitro analysis of the antimicrobial properties of 10 silver containing dressings. J Wound Care. September 2003;12(8):305-308.
- Wright JB, Lam K, Burrell RE.. Wound care management in an era of increasing bacterial antibiotic resistance: a role for topical silver treatment. Am J Infect Control 1998;26:572-577.
- Yin HQ, Langford R, Burrell RE. Comparative evaluation of the antimicrobial activity of Acticoat™ antimicrobial barrier dressing. J Burn Care Rehab. 1999;20(3):195-200.
- Burrell RE, Heggers JP, Davis JG, Wright JB. Efficacy of silver-coated dressings as bacterial barriers in a rodent burn sepsis model. Wounds. 1999;11(4):64-71.
- Demling RH, DeSanti L. The rate of re-epithelialzation across meshed skin grafts is increased with exposure to silver. Burns. 2002;28:264-266.
- Holder IA, Durkee P, Supp AP, Boyce ST. Assessment of a silver-coated barrier dressing for potential use with skin grafts on excised burns. Burns. 2003;29:445-448.
- Olson ME, Wright JB, Lam K, Burrell RE. Healing of porcine donor sites covered with silver-coated dressings. Eur J Surg. June 2000;166(6):486-489.
- Stephens R, Silverstein P, Meites H, Jett M, Brou J. An evaluation of Acticoat™ dressing with regard to cost and control of infection. J Burn Care & Rehab S230. Jan/Feb 1999 ; 20.
- Tredget EE, Shankowsky HA, Groeneveld A, Burrell R. A matched-pair, randomized study evaluating the efficacy and safety of Acticoat™ silver-coated dressing for the treatment of burn wounds. J Burn Care Rehab. November-December 1998;19(6):531-537.
- Voight DW, Paul CN. The use of Acticoat™ as silver impregnated telfa dressing in a regional burn and wound care center: The clinicians view.Wounds. March-April; 13(2)(Suppl.B):11-20.