- The policy applies to personal information about our individual customers and employees that is collected, stored, used or disclosed by us.
- The policy does not impose any limits on the collection, storage, use or disclosure of the following information by us:
- A customer's name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, when listed in a directory or available through directory assistance;
- The name, title, business address (including e-mail address) or business telephone or fax number of an employee of any business or our employees; or
- Other information about a customer or employee that is publicly available and is specified by regulation pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act or the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Key principles in the Policy governing our information handling practices are:
1. NUCRYST will limit its use of information collected about you to its internal business operations (including the operations of its affiliates) in order to fulfill the requests or complete and respond to inquires or applications made by you through this site, as well as to facilitate the relationship which we have with you, and to provide you with information about additional products and services that we believe might be of benefit and interest to you. NUCRYST will limit the personal information it collects about you to what NUCRYST needs for those purposes, and only those purposes. If NUCRYST wishes to use your personal information for any other purpose other than those purposes expressly permitted in legislation, NUCRYST will obtain your consent.
2. The only circumstances in which NUCRYST will release your information to third parties are: where NUCRYST has your consent, to NUCRYST suppliers or agents who assist NUCRYST in serving you, or where NUCRYST is required or permitted to do so by law. In addition, if NUCRYST is bought, merged or otherwise transfers all or substantially all of its assets to a third party, our information about you and your use of the site will be one of the assigned or otherwise transferred assets. However, in that situation, the surviving entity will be bound by this privacy statement.
3. Upon your request, you may have access to the information which NUCRYST has on your file in order to verify and amend the personal information held by NUCRYST. NUCRYST will attempt to keep your information as accurate and up-to-date as reasonably possible to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used. To request access to your personal information
4. NUCRYST will investigate and respond to your concerns about any respect of its handling of your information, including providing you, upon your request, with further information with respect to NUCRYST policies and practices that apply to the management of your information.
5. NUCRYST may collect and gather data when you visit the Site, including keeping track of the domain/IP/Internet Address from which people visit the site, and gathering data when you move from page to page, read pages or download content onto your computer. None of this information is associated with you as an individual. It is measured only in the aggregate and is only utilized to find out how many people visit this Site and which sections of the site are visited the most frequently. You remain anonymous. This information is used only for NUCRYST'S purposes and to improve the services being offered to NUCRYST clients as a whole.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are transferred between computer systems for a short period of time. Cookies maybe used to customize your visit when you return to a site. No personal information is collected through cookies, nor is personally identified data tied to cookies. You may adjust your web browser to refuse to accept Cookies, but this may prevent access to our sites or prevent certain areas of the sites from working properly.
Our sites are intended for people over the age of 13, unless otherwise specified. Do not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 13.
If you are a visitor to our site from outside of Canada or the United States, when you provide information, your personal data may be transferred to computers in Canada, the United States and other countries to respond to your request. Do not enter information if you do not want this information transferred electronically outside of your country of origin or the laws in your area forbid these types of transfer. Instead, please use telephone numbers as provided to make your inquiry.
Ms. C. Amelio, Vice President - General Counsel
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta T8L 3W4
Telephone (780) 992-5626.